Friday, August 12, 2011

Bird Bath Charging Station

Sometimes to save money, and add a little flair to your place you need to think outside the box. I had been looking for a charging station, since like everyone, we have a lot of things that need charging. Cords get lost, moved, and we get frustrated. I made one, but i didn't last long. Poor construction on my part.

I looked at stores but they are expensive for what they are.
Like this one from Target. The price $50! No thanks.

So one day I decide to put my phone on this decorative bird bath while it was charging and whallah! 
A charging station was born!


It fits into my decor and works. Sure it doesn't hide all the cords, but it sits out of the way and really isn't an issue. Plus it's super cute! Oh and was only $6 at Hobby Lobby. I had bought it a couple years ago and it's been traveling around my apartment ever since. 

So when looking for a "need" remember to think outside the charging box. Look around your place. Can you make it? Can you repurpose something to fit your need? 

Feel free to post comments or email me (innovationsbyc@gmail.com) for ideas or questions! I would love to hear from you! Let's inspire each other!  

No comments:

Post a Comment