Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Craft'n With C

Welcome back! Today we are making dessert stands! They are currently all the rage, as the kids would say.....er......wouldn't say. 
Anyway, here's whatcha need:
GLUE!


GLASSES!

PLATES OR BOWLS!


I got all of these and more at a thrift store. All if it cost around $7! I Chose this plate cuz it's fall-ish, and it's currently fall. I chose the bowl thing cuz I thought it was cute and would work in my kitchen. 

  • Begin by washing everything. 
  • Choose which plates or bowls will go on which glass 
    • I took some time doing this in the shop so I got what I needed
    • Remember to keep a good balance. You don't want it to look uneven or to topple
I think you're ready:
Line the bottom of the glass with glue. 

Center over the bottom of plate or bowl

Apply another string of glue where the glass meets the plate
Allow to dry

Turn right side up!

Easy and cute right?
You could have a stand for every occasion and holiday!

More ideas:
  • Spray paint the entire stand
  • Stack multiple to stands to create an elaborate center piece
    • Just make sure it's well balance
  • Use anywhere
    • Place on at your entryway for keys
    • Use for soap in the kitchen or bathroom
    • Fill with pine cones, gourds, or fruit 
    • Use as a jewelry stand
I would love to see what you come up with! Email me at innovationsbyc@gmail.com or upload your photos on my facebook page: CE Knits. 





Having a Birthday Sale at my etsy shop today, you should check it out!
ceknits.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment