Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Bladder Is Weak, Though The Will Is Strong



What a beautiful day! 
The storms seem to finally be clearing out. 
Keeping all of those affected in our prayers. 

I had the afternoon off and thought I would take advantage of the nice weather to work in the garden. We have family coming into town for the holiday weekend and knew this was my only chance. Our garden is actually at a friend's house. A bunch of us pitched in and created a community garden. A great way to save money, and have fresh veggies all summer long! I got my stuff together, which included chicken wire, stakes, bug spray, sunscreen, hammer, wire cutter, soda, and sunflower seeds, dill pickle flavored sunflower seeds, which are AWESOME. 

Anyway, the garden is not far, and even though I had a basket full of stuff I decided to walk. 

I would regret this decision later. 

This is our lettuce, in serious need of weeding.

Poor garden was in need of some attention. As a child I hated spending what seemed like hours and hours of my summer vacation helping mom in the garden. Now I miss it. Now I like working in the garden. I don't like spiders. I do like spending time outdoors, and feeling one with nature. My friends weren't home so I just jump into work. Oh and it never fails though, every time I get here I suddenly have to pee. 

I pound stakes in the ground, attach the wire and tie our peas to it. All the while munching on seeds, and drinking my soda. The garden looks great. Done? Wait, I forgot to plant those pepper plants!
Maybe I should just go home. I really have to pee. No, might as well finish while I'm here. 

I think it was here I crossed a line, and there was no going back. It was about 3:30, I've been there for 3 hours, I haven't used the bathroom for a while, and I had been drinking soda. I'm telling myself not think about it and sit down for a while, you know, with legs crossed, trying to get a grip on the situation. 

5 minutes later and I know I can't walk home. What if my bladder explodes right next to a bunch of tourists standing in front of the Nelson? They'll have cameras. They'll giggle. I try calling for help, but it's too late. I know what needs to be done. 

I sit down again and pretend to work in the garden, and release...don't judge me! We've all been in that situation before, right? We've all peed in a friend's lawn at some point or another. 

Well, anyway, lucky for me there was a hose nearby for watering the garden. I cleaned myself off, packed up my stuff and walked home with as much pride as I could muster. Also lucky for me I was wearing black shorts that don't show moisture. That's them up above. Drying. Cuz I wet myself. It's like summer camp all over again, but that's another story. 

(Oh, and sorry, I didn't have time to take pics of the garden all weeded and look'n good, maybe next time) 

No comments:

Post a Comment