Wednesday, May 25, 2011

TA DAA!

Hi. My name is Celesta, and this is my first post on my first blog!   TA DAA!!

This is me, with a deer. I like deer. 

I grew up in rural Wisconsin, in a small simple town. No offense to the town or the people, but I had to get out! I went off to college, got married, and moved to the big city, well a city, Kansas City to be exact. The Missouri side if you're wondering.

I went to school for art and photography, but got a part-time job doing something totally unrelated, as artists do because you don't want to starve. I do love my job, it's at a veterinary clinic. Who wouldn't want to work with animals, right? However, I do need a creative outlet or I start to go a little batty. But what's an artist to do with no money, no real working space, and a limited amount of tools??

Improvise of course! 

I mean when you don't have the resources what else can you do? That's how the best ideas are born! Instead of trying to make "real art" like paintings and sculpture I focused on what I could do. I looked at what I already had. If I was able to buy a can of 'oops' paint I could spruce up _______, whatever. If I just move this piece of furniture over here it really opens up the room. And so, a new passion was born. What's the most I can do with the least? Well, you're about to find out! 

I've learned a lot over the last five years, about myself, about marriage, and about being content with what you have. Through this blog I hope to share my knowledge, but also receive. I hope we can share ideas and stories as we try to make our way in this crazy world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment