Wednesday, October 26, 2011

How To Make a Creepy Halloween Pumpkin!

You will need

  • A Pumpkin
  • An Old T-Shirt
  • A Knife 
  • Scissors 
  • Creepy Doll Parts
  • Some Sewing Experience
  • Sewing Machine (optional)
I'm in a pumpkin carving contest with my brother and sister this year. Last year they excluded me! Apparently because they knew I am the master at all things crafty. Anyway, I was in my favorite thrift store, One True North, and found the creepiest thing: 
Oh ya, clowns are creepy, who actually likes clowns, no one. I knew I had to use it in my pumpkin design.

I got a small, pie pumpkin. It's cute. I almost feel bad cutting into it. 
I doubt I need to explain how to cut open your pumpkin, but just in case, all you have to do it cut around the stem. If you are adding a creepy head make sure the hole is not to big, otherwise your head will just fall inside and that's no good. Unless you want it to look your pumpkin ate your doll head, oooo, scary.
It's a messy job, but you need to do it. Remove the guts and seeds.
Pumpkin Guts! I like to eat the seeds. Salt (I use margarita salt) and cook at 350 for 10-15 min. YUM!

The next step I don't have pics for. Sorry, I was so excited I forgot. 
  • You need to take your old t-shirt and make some arms and legs to fit over the hands and feet. 
  • Machine or hand sew what I would call small tubes, maybe an inch wide, then turn inside out so you don't see your stitches. 
  • Cut holes in the pumpkin where the arms and legs will come out. 
  • After pulling fabric through put on hands and feet. I just stretched the fabric over them and they held in place. 
  • Add your head (I gave him a scarf so you couldn't see where the head and pumpkin joined), add any props and you get something like this:


!!!!
Well, it scares me anyway. 


2 comments:

  1. Terrifying, and kinda cute, all at the same time. I think the cleaver was a really nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's creepier in person. He pretty much scares me every time I walk into the room. I always forget I made him...and that he can't really walk.....

    ReplyDelete