Monday, October 24, 2011

Best Halloween Movies! EVER! Of All Time!



My most favorite, of all time, ever movies to watch during the scary month of Oct are as follows:


Wait, I should probably say I just find these movies entertaining, and I'm not a fan of the super gory.  Are they mind blowingly scary? Not really, but they put me in the Halloween mood. Even though I really don't celebrate Halloween because it's really a very weird, confusing holiday.


I guess what I'm trying to say is I like horror movies for no particular reason.
Here are my favorites in the order of my enjoyment watching them:


1. Halloween, any of them. I love them all! Michael Myers-you just can't kill that guy! And the music-love it. 
2. Scream, it's a classic I grew up with. 
3. Child's Play, again, I have fun watching any of them, except maybe the last couple, nah, I like them too. 
4. The Descent, if you have not seen this do! Super creepy!
5. The Exorcist, another classic. 
6. 28 Days Later, gotta have a zombie flick
7. Pandorum, also super creepy!! Especially when you watch it in the middle of the night all alone...
8. Oh you have to do Jeepers Creepers
9. Carrie
10. I don't know if I have a #10.....?......but I feel like I should make it an even ten. Oh, you know what's creepy? Watch some foreign horror flicks. I feel like not knowing exactly what's going on puts you in the movie, you are getting scared along with the characters. Chances are you've never seen it so it won't be familiar. Examples of my favs: The Baby's Room, and, DANG IT! I don't remember what my other fav was and cannot find it online, but you can be sure it was scary!
11. I forgot about Ginger Snaps, and Ginger Snaps Back. My brother introduced me to these. Werewovles for you wolf lovers.
Ending on an odd number - also creepy!


I also now realize that that list is in no particular order. Because I would totally do Ginger Snaps Back over Carrie. And Baby's Room is super creepy. It should be higher as well. Anyway, ENJOY!


What are your favorites? I'm always looking for a a good horror movie!


Now that I'm really thinking about it I've forgotten some real gems!
Children of the Corn
The Fog
The Evil Dead, I LOVE Bruce Campbell, I can't believe I forgot this one. 
Leprechaun has always given me the shivers. Only the first one, the rest kinda suck. 
Critters
There's more I'm sure, but this is a start.  

2 comments:

  1. Nightmare on Elm Street! Not my favorite--still gives me the heebie-jeebies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you believe I still have yet to see any of those movies! I've never seen the Jason ones either.

    ReplyDelete