Sunday, June 12, 2011

Dumpster Find of the Week!

Well, thanks to a tip from a friend this dumpster find is a street find. She sent me a pic of a cute old chair that was sitting on the curb near her place. Hubs and I decided to investigate. We took along the shopping cart, which was still sitting by the dumpster, just in case we would need it. 


And then a miracle happened!! I asked if he would give me a ride in the cart, since he was pushing it anyway and he said yes!!!


Then I asked him to take another picture, and he said no. 


Anyway, we walked and walked, with our cart. Past the Nelson, past busy streets, and houses. 
As we walked I noticed 2 things
  1. No one really seemed to notice, or care, or find it odd we were walking down the road with a random cart
  2. I didn't feel odd walking down the road with a random cart

When we get there, I look it over, give it a little smell, yes, you have to smell it and make sure nothing died in it, then we load it up, and take it to a friend's house, cuz space in my apartment is limited. 


It needs work but I couldn't just let it go to the dump. It's so cute. Look at those legs, the tufting, the duct tape, oh, wait, that will have to go. Now I just need some cheap upholstery fabric! Anyone know where I can get some?

No comments:

Post a Comment